Who We Are
We’re the #1 online lender in America, closing loans in all 50 states, and we’ve grown to be one of the largest full-service residential mortgage lenders in the country. For seven years in a row now, J.D. Power has ranked Quicken Loans highest in the nation in customer satisfaction for Primary Mortgage Origination. We were also ranked highest in the nation for customer satisfaction among mortgage servicers the last three years, the first years we were eligible. There’s a simple reason we’ve been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
We’ve been on Computerworld’s “Best Places to Work in IT” list for 11 years running, hitting #1 the last four years, and we’ve been named to Fortune magazine’s list of “100 Best Companies to Work For” for the past 13 years, ranking as high as #2. Plus, Quicken Loans ranked #4 for best internships in the country by Glassdoor.com.
If you’re tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you’ll be delighted to find something different. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won’t find anywhere else. If you want to have an incredible experience, make new friends, and be a part of something bigger than a run-of-the-mill job, join our team and start down an AMAZING career path!
What You’ll Do/Need
The Quicken Loans Tour of Duty program is an exclusive six-month program designed to give recently transitioned veterans the opportunity to gain priceless, hands-on experience at an award-winning company. Tour of Duty Associates learn how it feels to be in the civilian workplace, participate in events around the city of Detroit, and become a valuable member of our team. Are you the type of person who strives to make a difference? Technology Tour of Duty Associates at Quicken Loans make a difference for our clients and our company every day. If you want to make your mark, join the company that will make a big difference in your career!
Technology Tour of Duty Associates at Quicken work in a versatile role within our Information Technology team. Responsibilities will vary and we will work to match their unique skills with the needs of the organization.
Learn and grow in a technology internship in one of the following areas:
- Business analytics
- Quality assurance
- Software development
- Network and system support
- Desktop support
- Data analytics
- Mobile development
- Project management
- Database administration
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware
- Receive incoming requests from team members through chat, email and phone
- Provide outstanding client service to each team member
- Troubleshooting and repair of computers in a networked environment
- Moving equipment for users transferring to new locations within the company
- Maintaining physical inventory of computer equipment and supplies
- Help with IT administrative tasks
- Interact with team members and leaders to improve technology skills
- Perform in roles such as Business Analyst, Software Developer, Help Desk Technician, Project Coordinator, Data Analyst, Quality Assurance Tester, etc.
- Create new technological ideas to improve the company
- Participate in training activities to improve business skills
- Recently transitioned military veteran
- General working knowledge and interest in IT
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be passionate about working with people, processes, and technology
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, software and mobile devices
- Strong multitasking skills
- Positive attitude with high focus on customer satisfaction
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- High level of motivation with a desire to learn and grow
Additional responsibilities and requirements may occur depending on the specific role.
What’ll Make You Special
- Possess or be in pursuit of a degree in IT, computer science or business
What You’ll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We’re Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Origination studies and the 2014 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Servicer studies. 2016 Origination (or Sales) based on 5,182 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers who originated a new mortgage, surveyed in July – August 2016. 2016 Servicing based on 7,542 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers with their current mortgage servicer, surveyed in March – April 2016. Your experiences may vary. Visit JDPower.com.