Who We Are
We are a team focused on solving complex problems for global enterprise level member-based organizations and their chapters while staying true to our innovative and entrepreneurial spirit.
We will encourage you to embark on a path of continuous learning that complements your strengths and interests while powering the innovation of our product and the way we serve our clients. The driving force behind the reason we come to work every day and push the limits is our desire to help others Do More, Impact More and Grow More.
Our team and our award winning culture make Billhighway a place where leaders thrive. Join us on our journey as one of the Cool Places to Work and 101 Best and Brightest locally and nationally. What impact will you make?
The Role: Junior Solution Architect, Software Products
The Solution Architect drives innovation and brings new ideas into Billhighway’s financial technology (FinTech) software products. You will need to “think big” and determine how new applications and corresponding processes can be used to solve business challenges in a creative, scalable, and impactful way. This role is the liaison between cross-functional teams and is responsible for supporting the development of new features from conception through deployment. You will work with all facets of the software development lifecycle (analysis, requirements definition, design, development, testing, implementation, deployment and support). The individual must be a strong communicator, problem solver, thinker and analyzer – with the ability to understand user needs in a rapidly changing business environment.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to bring innovative solutions to financial technology challenges, and help bring new software products to market
- Create user stories and requirements based on customer community (internal and external) needs.
- Develop business and functional design requirements using interviews, document analysis, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, user stories, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Work closely with development team and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Conduct user acceptance testing to ensure the system can be used easily, quickly and accurately and that all identified requirements have been met
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, and
- distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Develop the following documentation according to standard templates, using natural language
- Functional requirements (Business Requirements Document)
- Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs
- Acceptance criteria
- Review requirements with the business, elicit feedback, integrate feedback into requirements as necessary
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Finance, Accounting, or similar field
- Minimum of 1-2 years of demonstrated project, internship and/or work experience in software solutioning including implementation experience through the full life cycle
- Product and technology savvy. Ability to learn and keep up to date with developments in the industry
- Knowledge of financial technology, payment, and accounting industries is a plus
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Understanding financial statements and reports is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with both technical and non-technical professionals at all levels of an organization
- Strong interpersonal skills and team-oriented mindset
- Attacks challenges, solves problems
- Must be able to handle aggressive deadlines and juggle multiple responsibilities
- Ability to think creatively under constrained deadlines
- Deep sense of accountability and responsibility: will be empowered to act, and will be expected to do so
What will set you apart:
- Experience working in a fast paced, dynamic, rapidly growing environment
- Agile experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of SQL, C#, .NET framework, and software development experience is a definite plus
- Working knowledge of data structures and database design
- Ability to travel
A flexible, entrepreneurial work environment and team atmosphere makes this a great place to work. To learn more about us, visit www.billhighway.co.